Membership of Alzheimer Scotland
Individual membership - ordinary rate £25
- Join here
Individual membership - reduced rate £6
(for carers, former carers, people with dementia, over 65s and unwaged)
- Join here
Alzheimer Scotland is a membership organization, by joining us, you can help make sure no-one goes through dementia on their own.
The benefits of membership are that you:
- are kept up to date by receiving our quarterly magazine Dementia in Scotland and our Annual Report free of charge
- strengthen our voice democratically as a body which campaigns for the rights of people with dementia and their carers
- are consulted on important policy issues and can offer your expertise and skills to one of our standing committees, or working groups
- may become an active member of a branch, train to become a Dementia Helpline volunteer or help with fundraising activities or in a day centre
- are entitled to vote at the AGM and stand for election to Council, our governing body which sets the policies that determine the direction of the charity.
Who can join?
Anyone (except Alzheimer Scotland staff) can become a member – you may be a person with dementia, a partner, carer or former carer, family member or friend. You may be a student, or a health or social work professional. Whatever your connection or profession, by becoming a member of Alzheimer Scotland you send a message that you care about people with dementia and want to be part of the leading dementia charity in Scotland. We also welcome applications for membership from group and corporate bodies.
How to join
Becoming a member is easy, you can join online or you can call the fundraising department during office hours on 0131 243 1453. We have a variety of membership options (ordinary, reduced rate, group and corporate) we can help you choose the one that is right for you.
|Individual||Reduced rate (carers, former carers, people with dementia, over 65s and unwaged)||£6|
|Group||income less than £1 million||£25|
|Group||income over £1 million||£45|
|Corporate||1 – 5 members||£65|
|Corporate||Affiliate members 6 and above||£35|
Who we are and what we do
Alzheimer Scotland is the leading specialist dementia charity in Scotland and works passionately to improve the lives of everyone affected by dementia in the following ways.
- We run services on over 60 sites providing practical help such as day care and drop-in centres, home support and courses for carers and carer support.
- We provide this website, www.alzscot.org, where you can find out about our work and get a wide range of information on dementia.
- Our award-winning freephone 24-hour Dementia Helpline, 0808 808 3000, with trained staff and volunteers, offers information and emotional support and receives over 5,600 calls a year.
- We publish leaflets, booklets, reports and the quarterly newsletter Dementia in Scotland keeping carers, people with dementia and professionals up to date. We lobby the Scottish Parliament and Westminster. Major achievements have been free personal care and the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act.
If you have any queries please ring a member of our Fundraising Department on 0131 243 1453 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When we receive your application we will send you a membership pack containing useful information about Alzheimer Scotland, including the contact name and address for your local branch.
Freephone 0808 808 3000