- Personal Satisfaction There is nothing better than feeling that you do something which is really important, that you make a difference in someone’s life.
- Training We will prepare volunteers for their role by providing training, which aims to: clarify the volunteer’s role; consider variety of issues relevant to volunteer’s role to help them become more confident and comfortable; provide general information about dementia and the organisation. Further training is also offered
- Support and supervision We will make sure that all volunteers working for our organisation feel comfortable and happy. There will also be opportunity for meeting other volunteers and sharing experiences.
- Refund of travel expenses We will pay volunteers out of pocket expenses.
Who can volunteer?
You do not need to have previous experience or qualifications, however we definitely do need people who are:
- reliable and have the ability to relate well to others
- a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
- open–minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- sensitive and honest
- able to work within personal and organisational boundaries