Collaboration with health and social care staff
National Engagement - Events and Films
The films can be found here.
- Supporting people with dementia: A Supported self-management master class with Dr Claire Craig 15 March 2011.
- Actions on Dementia : Dr Laura Gitlin’s keynote address on nonpharmacological interventions 31 July 2012.
- Communicating and Making Connections in Dementia for over 200 occupational therapy students 8 October 2013.
- Working with people living with dementia Contribution of occupational therapy 14 May 2014.
- Connecting people, connecting support A one day conversation celebrating the best in Supported Self-Management for people with dementia and co-creating the future direction 22 September 2014.
- Connecting people, connecting support Home Based Memory Rehabilitation 12 May 2016.
Three national AHP publications developed 2014
These publications highlight work carried out by AHPs in delivering improvement for people living with dementia and those who care for them, in different settings and environments.
- Allied Health Professionals Dementia Champions: Agents of Change - features practice examples provided by some of the AHP Dementia Champions.
- Allied Health Professionals Delivering Post-Diagnostic Support: Living Well with Dementia – features the role AHPs can play in post diagnostic support and includes best practice examples.
- Allied Health Professionals Delivering Integrated Care: Living Well with Community Support – features the vital role of AHPs in delivering of integrated care, support and treatment for people with dementia.