Planning your Will
Planning your Will
Making a Will isn't complicated but it will help if you do a bit of planning before you speak to a solicitor. You can use the sections in our will planning leaflet to jot down information about your assets and your wishes before you meet with your solicitor. He or she will probably ask for more information, but it will help you think about and record some key information first.
Download our Planning your Will leaflet.
You can add instructions in your Will about what sort of funeral you want or if you want to donate your organs or donate tissue for medical research. However, you should also discuss these wishes with your family in case there is any delay in locating your Will. You may also need to fill in a form or register your wishes for organ or tissue donation.
See the links below for more information:
Donating your organs - www.organdonationscotland.org
Donating brain tissue - www.alzscotdrc.ed.ac.uk/index.php/donations/brain-tissue-donation
Donating your body to medical research - www.gov.scot/Topics/Health/Policy/BurialsCremation/BodyDonation
For more information
- Phone our Fundraising Team on 0131 243 1453, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Alzheimer Scotland, 160 Dundee Street, Edinburgh, EH11 1DQ
- Alternatively, read or download our Legacy Pack to find out more and see what differences your gift will make. Thank you.
Legacy Pack Contents
- Your legacy - find out why your gift is needed.
- Planning your Will - this leaflet will help you prepare for meeting your solicitor to talk about making or changing your Will.
- Notification form - help us plan ahead with confidence by giving us notice of your intention to leave us a gift in your Will.
- An executor's guide - a brief guide to the roles and responsibilities of an executor. Includes a glossary of legal terms.