Guide to using Alzheimer Scotland services
This booklet is for people who use Alzheimer Scotland’s services. It tells you all about what you can expect from our services, and about our organisation.
About Alzheimer Scotland
- We are Scotland’s leading dementia charity. We:
- run practical services for people with dementia and their carers across Scotland
- publish information about dementia in print, on tape and on our website, www.alzscot.org
- run the freephone Dementia Helpline, 0808 808 3000, open 24 hours for information and emotional support
- campaign to make life better for people with dementia and carers, though the Scottish Parliament, Westminster and locally.
- We aim to work to our own internal standards and to the principles of the National Care Standards.
- The principles are dignity, privacy, choice, safety, realising potential and equality and diversity.
Alzheimer Scotland has its own standards for service delivery which build on the National Care Standards. The National Care Standards are based on a set of principles. The principles themselves are not standards but reflect the recognised rights which you enjoy as a citizen.
The main principles are dignity, privacy, choice, safety, realising potential and equality and diversity.