With over 10,000 people throughout Scotland using Purple Alert to help find people living with dementia when they go missing, it’s time for the app to be updated.
Our Purple Alert app launched in September 2017 and has helped to support the families and carers of people living with dementia during an immediate missing person search.
Early this morning (3 October), a major update has taken place.
- Security certificate – making the user’s data more secure
- ‘Missing Occurrence Log’ - enables a carer to keep track of each missing occurrence
- Map - improved usability
What happens now?
Your data is and will be 100% safe and will not be affected by the update.
If you set your phone to upgrade your apps automatically, you won’t have to do anything.
If you update your apps manually, we would kindly ask you to upgrade the app:
If you have an iPhone
- please tap on the ‘App Store’ app
- tap on ‘updates’, find the Purple Alert icon and tap on ‘update’
If you have an Android
- please tap on the ‘Play Store’ app
- tap on the menu
- tap on ‘My apps and games’
- Find the Purple Alert icon and tap on ‘Update’
To check if you have the most recent version of the app, open the Purple Alert app and tap on ‘Your details’ tab, scroll down and the app version should read 1.0.3.
What you could do next?
Since you’re in the app, please check your details are complete and up to date, upload a recent photograph of yourself or the person you’re caring for.
Please talk about Purple Alert with your friends, family and colleagues and encourage them to download it.