Membership of Lochaber Branch is open to people living in Lochaber who are interested in supporting people with dementia and their carers in a variety of ways. We are particularly keen to encourage people with dementia and their carers to join us at our monthly meetings.
We aim to support people with dementia and their carers by:
- raising public awareness of dementia
- information and support
- signposting people to appropriate help
- fundraising to facilitate practical assistance
- Lochaber Carers' Group (partly enabled by the branch)
- Carers' library.
Currently we are trying to help people with dementia and their carers by:
- raising public awareness of dementia illnesses and their effects
- creating a better understanding in our community of the experiences of those "living with dementia"
- promoting awareness of, and signposting people to, appropriate information, services and support
- fundraising to support and enhance local activities and opportunities for people with dementia and their carers
- working with others to improve local services, resources and opportunities
- promoting opportunities for people to comment on their needs and on the services required to meet them
The Branch Committee meets on the last Wednesday of every month (except July and December). For details of current times and meeting venue, please contact the Branch Secretary on 07901 974719.
- Jo Cowan , Chair
- Alzheimer Scotland Lochaber Branch, c/o Voluntary Action Lochaber,, An Drochaid, Claggan Road, Claggan, Fort William, Lochaber, PH33 6PH
- 0787 669 3667