South Ayrshire Services
We offer a point of contact for anyone living in South Ayrshire who is:
- having memory problems
- experiencing early symptoms of dementia
- diagnosed with early stage dementia
- caring for, or a family member of, anyone experiencing the above.
- provide information, support & advice
- give you help to find the support that you need
- inform you of local groups & services
- assist your local community to be more dementia friendly
- help you influence the policies and services that affect you
- run a number of community groups for people with dementia and carers (see below)
- provide carers education & Dementia Friends sessions
Groups we run in South Ayrshire:
- Football Reminiscence Group – weekly, Wednesday, 11am – 1pm, Prestwick. For people with mild – moderate dementia – call us to find out more.
- Ladies Who Lunch Group – weekly, Thursday, 11am – 1pm, Prestwick. For people with mild – moderate dementia – call us to find out more.
- Musical Memories - take a trip down memory lane to recall old singers and songs. there will be singing, chatting, memorabilia, tea, coffee and so much more. All welcome - this group will be held monthly in Ayr, Mossblown and Prestwick. Please call Jim Baird for more information on 07584 327875 or email [email protected]
- Dementia Advisor – vacant post
- Service Administrator Coordinator – Susan Hopewell
- South Ayrshire Services, Unit 6, Arran Mall , Ayr, KA7 1SQ
- 01292 318005
- [email protected]