South Ayrshire Services
We offer a point of contact for anyone living in South Ayrshire who is:
- having memory problems
- experiencing early symptoms of dementia
- diagnosed with early stage dementia
- caring for, or a family member of, anyone experiencing the above.
- provide information, support & advice
- give you help to find the support that you need
- inform you of local groups & services
- assist your local community to be more dementia friendly
- help you influence the policies and services that affect you
- run a number of community groups for people with dementia and carers (see below)
- provide carers education & Dementia Friends sessions
Groups we run in South Ayrshire:
- Football Reminiscence Group – weekly, Wednesday, 11am – 1pm, Prestwick. For people with mild – moderate dementia – call us to find out more.
- Ladies Who Lunch Group – weekly, Thursday, 11am – 1pm, Prestwick. For people with mild – moderate dementia – call us to find out more.
- Melody Memories Singing Group – fortnightly, Tuesday, 2-4pm, St Quivox Church Hall, Prestwick - for people with dementia and carers. Suggested donation of £2.50 per person.
- Carers Support Group – 1st Wednesday of the month, 11am – 1pm, St Quivox Church Hall, Prestwick. For carers of people with dementia, occasional invited speakers. Lunch provided for which there is a suggested donation of £5.00.
- Men's Group - for men living in Tarbolton, Annbank & Mossblown, stories, games and activities. First Monday of the month, from 3pm to 5pm in the Community Centre, Annbank Road, Mossblown.
- Musical Reminiscence Group, Ayr - reminiscence using stories and music, monthly on a Thursday from 2.30pm - 4pm, Unit 6 Arran Mall, Ayr - call us for dates of the group
- Musical Reminiscence Group, Troon - reminiscence using stories and music, monthly on a Wednesday from 1.30pm - 3pm, The Cabin, next to Troon Library - call us for dates of the group.
- Dementia Advisor – Jenni McKeand
- Service Administrator Coordinator – Susan Hopewell
- South Ayrshire Services, Unit 6, Arran Mall , Ayr, KA7 1SQ
- 01292 318005
- [email protected]