Oban Dementia Resource Centre
The Dementia Resource Centre offers confidential assistance, information, advice and support for people with dementia, their families and carers, professionals and members of the public.
- Opening times: 10am–4pm Monday to Friday
- Drop In Advice Sessions: Mondays & Tuesdays, 10am–12pm (Dementia Advisor) or Fridays by appointment (Community Dementia Team)
- The Centre is generally open at these times but may be closed if the Dementia Advisor is away and it is advisable to phone to check.
- Home visits are also available, please phone or e-mail to arrange.
- The Monthly Memory Club: The club is open to anyone with memory difficulties, and their families and carers. It is free to join, and is a great way to keep in touch with local events and activities that are taking place in the Oban and Lorn area. Each month we produce a calendar sheet for the month, listing events in the area, with times, locations and cost; as well as contact details for the organisers. Members can then attend any of these events as and when they choose, knowing that they are linked to the Club, and that they will be likely to see some familiar faces and receive a friendly welcome.
- Musical Memories: singing group for people with dementia, Parkinson's, Stroke and their family/carer. Fortnightly on Tuesdays 1.30–3pm, Eadar Glin Care Home
- Memory Club Monthly Lunch Club: Last Friday of the Month at the Columba Hotel Oban. 12.30pm. A friendly get together with a delicious meal. £6 for 2 courses.
- Dementia Advisor – Sue Pagan
- Sue Pagan, Dementia Advisor
- 12 High Street, Oban, PA34 4BG
- 01631 570614