Home Support East Dunbartonshire
We have a large group of well trained and skilled staff who can provide 1:1 support for people with dementia within their community. We recognise that everybody we support is unique and therefore this service is personalised to meet the needs and wishes of each individual.
Home support can lead to extremely positive outcomes for people with dementia and their families including:
- Maintaining/enhancing skills and independence
- Staying connected to one’s community/overcoming or avoiding isolation
- Continuing to pursue valued activities and interests
- Maintaining friendships and relationships
- Overcoming/preventing stigma
- Improving confidence and self esteem
- Maintaining or improving physical wellbeing and health
- Maintaining safety/ reducing risks
- Enabling carers to keep well and continue to care for longer
We have an open referral system. We accept self referrals as well as referrals from health and social work professionals and other third sector organisations.
Home support services can be paid for privately or can be funded by the social work department. We can also provide support for people who are making use of Self Directed Support arrangements such as Direct Payments.
- Service Manager - Alastair Black
- Practice Team Leaders - Janice Bryce and Sandra MacDonald
- Bearsden Dementia Resource Centre, 49 Milngavie Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 2DW
- 0141 946 0966