Tarbert 60+ Keeping Well Group
The group meet on a Thursday from 1.30-3.30pm in the Templar Hall, Harbour Street, Tarbert.
Aims of group
The group activities are offered on a weekly basis, general aims include stimulation of cognitive social and physical skills with the aim to promote physical health and mental wellbeing with physical exercise, looking at diet and nutrition, evaluating everyday activities and enabling people to feel socially included.
- Self worth - giving a feeling of being valued being accepted by others and helping promote motivation and wellbeing.
- Belonging - feeling part of a valued group creating a greater sense of integration with environment
- Stimulation sensory i.e. sounds smells touch, taste
- Normalisation being involved in community.
- Social interaction with other members of the group.
Some form of exercise in our weekly session. Using a variety of techniques.
Dementia Link Worker - Christine McDonald
Volunteer - Elizabeth Robertson
- Christine McDonald, Dementia Link Worker
- Mid Argyll Hospital, Lochgilphead , PA31 8JZ
- 01546 462058
- 07776 454049