West Lothian Council - Individually Tailored Information Sessions
We are running monthly information/advice sessions to be hosted by West Lothian Council’s Advice shop. The sessions will be held on the last Wednesday of the month from 10am to 1pm and will take place at the Alzheimer Scotland offices at Unit 1 Grampian Court, Livingston. The sessions will be for clients, carers and families affected by dementia.
Each appointment slot will last for 30 minutes; double appointments can be booked if required.
To book an appointment please call 01506 533 108 or email WestLothianServices@Alzscot.org.
Advice can be provided in the following areas:-
- Benefit entitlement – advising which benefits to claim and how much you are likely to receive. Challenging unfair DWP decisions.
- Form filling – assisting with the following claim forms – Attendance Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Carers Allowance.
- General advice on housing issues – problems with landlords, rent arrears etc.
- General advice on energy issues – problems with bills. (Please note we cannot recommend energy suppliers)
- General money advice – assistance with debt problems. (Please note we do not give financial advice with regards to pensions or tax)
This group is currently on hold due to building works at Grampian Court.
- Eileen Freeborn, Operations Team Administrator
- Unit 1 Grampian Court, Beveridge Square, Livingston, EH54 6QF
- 01506 533 108