International Knowledge Exchange
Join us in Scotland to see and experience first-hand what we do.
Take the opportunity to explore Scotland's world-leading approaches to dementia policy, campaigning and practice. Guided by experienced dementia specialists from Alzheimer Scotland, alongside academics from Alzheimer Scotland Centre's for Policy and Practice at the University of the West of Scotland, you will:
- Learn about our highly-successful national policy development - influencing Scotland's long-term commitment to dementia care and support - and how we put that policy into practice at a local level
- Meet the Scottish Dementia Working Group & National Dementia Carers Action Network – longstanding groups of people with dementia and carers of people with dementia who campaign locally, nationally and internationally
- Find out about Scotland’s Dementia Friendly Communities
- Explore Scotland’s commitment to supporting multi-disciplinary dementia research
- Hear about our most innovative approaches to practice, such as the Dementia Dog project, Purple Alert and how today’s technological and digital products are helping people in Scotland live well with dementia
- Discover how we work closely with Scotland’s health and social care professionals to deliver training, provide support for improvement and lead change
- See our wide range of community activities, therapeutic practice and person-centred support first hand.
Our learning opportunities are delivered through a variety of stimulating workshops, visits and tutorials, tailored to suit your interests
For all enquires, contact
Dementia Learning Agent