Ways to volunteer
What could I do as a volunteer?
As an Alzheimer Scotland volunteer, you’ll join an invaluable group of very special people who help us to deliver a huge range of activities, events and support across the country.
- Support people with dementia at one of our service locations or Dementia Resource Centres, helping them to enjoy friendly conversations, activities and outings
- Assist with administration work in one of our services or Dementia Resource Centres
- Be part of our event team at a major event or fundraising activity in your local area
- Befriend someone with dementia in their home, living in a local care home or in hospital by visiting them regularly
- Offer a skill, such as music or art, to use in activities with people with dementia. Or provide a service, such as aromatherapy or hairdressing
- Work on our 24/7, free to call Dementia Helpline, or our email-based e-Helpline
- Help to raise awareness and improve understanding of dementia, or provide information to people who want to find out more
- Drive or escort people with dementia to and from one of our services or Dementia Resource Centres
- Promote our awareness-raising, fundraising and campaigning online
- Participate in dementia research - to find out more about participating in dementia research, please visit our Volunteering for Research page.
If you would like to volunteer -
- Fill in our online volunteer form. It will be sent to the project or branch nearest you
- download our volunteer application form (word.doc), fill it in and post or email it back to us
- contact your local project or branch to talk about volunteering opportunities directly
What you can get out of volunteering
Volunteering at Alzheimer Scotland provides you with the opportunity to develop and build on skills, knowledge and experience and at the same time as making a difference to lives around you who are connected to the organisation. Volunteer with Alzheimer Scotland and gain an all encompassing enjoyable and rewarding experience.