Design for digital
Alzheimer Scotland, offer our professional, human centred experience in dementia care, support, service design and transformation.
Our local, national and international work is inspired and informed by families living with dementia and the professionals supporting them. Leading with a human-rights based approach, we advocate informed choice, respect and freedom from discrimination, and have a deep understanding of the wants and needs of people living with dementia.
Our work has included the shaping of national and local strategies to ensure access to personalised supports; working with corporate partners and manufacturers to create physical and digital products that work for people living with dementia; design of services for families living with dementia; sharing of good practice to inform high standard environmental design and the establishment and delivery of a national learning programme. This is turn ensures digital concepts and technology are embedded in the practice of those designing and delivering support. We have developed with partners, a suite of resources to support and inform both practitioners and families.
What can Design for Digital consultancy offer you?
- Practical and inspiring learning experiences, bespoke designed to meet your organisational and staff needs – delivered in our specially designed training rooms or where you are
- Informative tours of our Digital Dementia Resource Centre’s, where you can interact with fully functioning technology which has been tried and tested by people living with dementia and their carers
- ‘Objective insight’ on site visits and dialogue with stakeholders, complete with full analysis and independent reporting services – we will work with you in the environments you need us, offering realistic solutions to develop and improve services
- Interior design consultancy – offering a future-proof, user experience-led design dialogue and implementation plan
- Advice, guidance and signposting on national and international digital strategy, inclusion, upskilling, interoperability, user consultation and experience discovery
- A flexible pricing approach – our consultancy offering is built in a modular way so you have choice in what you need and can afford.
What will Design for Digital consultancy deliver for you?
We will support you to achieve your outcomes and improve your services to people living with dementia and their carers by:
- Understanding the digital knowledge, skills & responsibilities expected of your service in a changing landscape
- Identifying and exploring areas of strengths or gaps in learning, and offer solutions
- Preparing your team for work based practical applications of skills and knowledge
- Creating opportunities to reflect, develop and share information learned
- Building on what has been learned and highlighted so you can continue to pursue opportunities to expand and promote excellence in dementia care.
Meet the Team
The Tech Head