What is semantic dementia?
Semantic dementia is a variant of Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and can be the cause of younger onset dementia.
It’s a very rare progressive neurodegenerative syndrome which results in the general knowledge that has been learned throughout life to lose its meaning.
- Behaviour and personality changes
- Difficulty spelling and pronouncing words accurately
- Difficulty recognising people
- Addictive or compulsive behaviour
- Apathy or depression
- Able to operate machinery or drive but unable to understand the process or the risks involved.