Alzheimer Scotland's new Action on Rights team, funded by Scottish Government, has been set up to help carers, families and friends of anyone living in Scotland's care homes. The team can support you:
• To have meaningful contact between those living in care homes and their families and friends of care home residents; and where necessary and appropriate to liaise directly with care homes staff responsible for visiting arrangements to facilitate visits (when permitted and with any relevant restrictions)
• To be better informed about care home visiting guidance, local public health restrictions and support available to them
• To make better more informed decisions and have better dialogue with care homes around visiting
• To explore alternative ways for meaningful contact when restrictions result in the suspension of visits
• To have access to the range of support that Alzheimer Scotland provide
• To be supported to access the support of other agencies or organisations
• To obtain support to address the trauma and distress of the pandemic and restrictions.
The Action on Rights team will be available Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm and you can contact them by calling (0808 808 3000) or emailing [email protected] in the first instance. Should your call come out with these times, our Helpline volunteers will provide you with information and emotional support before passing your details on to the team.