2024 Event volunteering opportunities
Alzheimer Scotland relies on fundraised income to be able to support people with dementia, their families and carers. We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities to help us raise vital funds which will allow us to continue our support in Scotland.
- Falkirk Wheel Abseil - Friday 15 March
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- Edinburgh Kiltwalk
- Loch Ness Marathon
- Great Scottish Run
- Supernova Forth Bridge Run
What will fundraising volunteers be doing?
Being a fundraising volunteer is a fast paced, upbeat role which can change daily. Some of the things you may expect to be asked to help with would include:
- Taking part in fundraising events such as bag packs and bucket collections
- Forming cheer squads to help cheer participants at events such as runs and walks
- Participation in event set up and de-rig where required
- Taking on the role of our mascot, Buddy, at events
Additionally our fundraising team are always looking for talented photographers and videographers who would wish to donate their skills to capturing those special moments at events!
What skills are required for this role?
We want our volunteers to put the ‘fun’ into ‘fundraising’ and cheer Team AlzScot on at every opportunity, so a big smile and a positive attitude is a definite must!
For more information contact the events team [email protected]
As with all volunteering roles, there will be training where required and ongoing support from our Volunteer team. Full role descriptions will be available upon application.