National Dementia Carers Action Network
Alzheimer Scotland’s National Dementia Carers Action Network (NDCAN) are a national campaigning and awareness raising group whose members all have experience of caring for someone with dementia.
The group has a core belief that carers should be an integral part of the planning and implementation of health and social care policy and practice, and that all professionals and organisations should acknowledge carers’ experience and unique knowledge of the people they care for as valuable and equal to that of professionals.
The group has been in existence since 2011, and since then it has carried out a number of important tasks including:
- Developing training resources for health and social care professionals.
- Speaking at national and international conferences.
- Meeting with Scottish Government Ministers.
- Responding to the Scottish Government’s consultation on carers legislation.
- Being part of the development and implementation of Scotland’s National Dementia Strategies.
Want to get involved?
NDCAN are currently looking for new people to get involved. To find out more and to get involved see our information leaflet and membership form.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0141 410 0100