Who we are
The Scottish Dementia Working Group (SDWG) is a national, member led campaigning and awareness raising group, for people living with a diagnosis of dementia in Scotland. The SDWG was set up in 2001 and has gone from strength to strength since it was established.
We are funded by Alzheimer Scotland and the Scottish Government, and are the independent voice of people with dementia within Alzheimer Scotland
We are a friendly and inclusive group, led by, and for, people with dementia. We have an elected committee and dedicated members of staff who support the group’s activities.
The remit of the Scottish Dementia Working Group is to:
- Campaign and raise awareness at a national and local level
- Engage with, and inform Scotland's National Dementia Strategies
- Promote, and raise awareness among health, social care and related professions, as well as the wider public
- Work with all stakeholders at a national and local level, including national and local government, private and voluntary providers of health, social care and housing, and other relevant bodies
- Work with other representative groups, in particular our sister group NDCAN
- Work alongside Alzheimer Scotland staff to ensure coordinated and effective campaigning activities