2023 Event Volunteering Opportunities
Alzheimer Scotland relies on fundraised income to be able to support people with dementia, their families and carers. We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities to help us raise vital funds which will allow us to continue our support in Scotland.
- Inverness Half Marathon/5k Sun 12th March
- Supernova Kelpies Fri 17th/Sat 18th March
- Kilomathon Scotland Sun 9th April
- Glasgow Kiltwalk Sun 30th April
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival Sat 27th - Sun 28th May
- Aberdeen Kiltwalk Sun 4th June
- Men's 10k Glasgow Sun 18th June
- Dundee Kiltwalk Sun 20th August
- Zipslide across the Clyde Fri 8th September
- Edinburgh Kiltwalk Sun 17th September
- Scottish Half Marathon and 10k Sun 24th September
- Loch Ness Festival of running Sun 1st October
- Great Scottish Run Sun 1st October
- Men's/Womens 10k Edinburgh Sun 22nd October
What will fundraising volunteers help with?
Being a fundraising volunteer is a fast paced, upbeat role which can change daily. Some of the things you may expect to be asked to help with would include:
- Taking part in fundraising events such as bag packs and bucket collections
- Forming cheer squads to help cheer participants at events such as runs and walks
- Participation in event set up and de-rig where required
- Taking on the role of our mascot, Buddy, at events
Additionally our fundraising team are always looking for talented photographers and videographers who would wish to donate their skills to capturing those special moments at events!
What skills are required for this role?
We want our volunteers to put the ‘fun’ into ‘fundraising’ and cheer Team AlzScot on at every opportunity, so a big smile and a positive attitude is a definite must!
For more information contact the events team [email protected]
As with all volunteering roles, there will be training where required and ongoing support from our Volunteer team. Full role descriptions will be available upon application.