Alzheimer Scotland relies on fundraised income to be able to support people with dementia, their families and carers. We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities to help us raise vital funds which will allow us to continue our support in Scotland.
What will fundraising volunteers help with?
Being a fundraising volunteer is a fast paced, upbeat role which can change daily. Some of the things you may expect to be asked to help with would include:
- Taking part in fundraising events such as bag packs and bucket collections
- Forming cheer squads to help cheer participants at events such as runs and walks
- Participation in event set up and de-rig where required
- Working at our charity shops in Forres or Golspie
- Being an inspirational and motivational voice for our supporters and an ambassador for our charity
- Assisting with licensing and liaising with proprietors for collection dates
- Assisting fundraising staff in identifying possible opportunities for our charity
- Taking on the role of our mascot, Buddy, at events
- Attending cheque presentations and speaking on our behalf.
Additionally our fundraising team are always looking for talented photographers and videographers who would wish to donate their skills to capturing those special moments at events.
What skills are required for this role?
Being a fundraising volunteer requires a people centred, confident person who feels comfortable around members of the public. The roles will be varied so the ability to switch between roles with ease is required and, depending on the types of roles, there may be times when you’re working alone.
We have many opportunities to benefit from bag packs and bucket collections, so we need our volunteers to be comfortable handling money and being an ambassador for the charity – as many people who donate will have a personal reason for wanting to support Alzheimer Scotland. We want our volunteers to put the ‘fun’ into ‘fundraising’ and cheer Team AlzScot on at every opportunity, so a big smile and a positive attitude is a definite must!
As with all volunteering roles, there will be training where required and ongoing support from our Volunteer team. Full role descriptions will be available upon application.