Scottish Dementia Working Group (SDWG) support volunteer
The SDWG is a campaigning group run by, and for, people with dementia. It is the independent voice of people with dementia within Alzheimer Scotland.
SDWG is supported by volunteers who give their time to help us undertake the following tasks:
- Help prepare and set up and support us at monthly meetings
- Meet and escort members from railway / bus stations to our meeting venues
- Drive members to events and escort and support members at events
- Help members prepare presentations and feedback reports
- Support us in the office to enable SDWG successes to happen.
Your commitment to the group can be flexible in terms of your availability as we need people to support us at events that take place throughout the year.
What skills are required for this role?
You should have excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to support members of the SDWG as they work towards their organisational priorities.
You should feel comfortable in both one-to-one and group settings with people with dementia and have an interest in their work. This role is suitable for people over the age of 18.