SDWG - current priorities
Our current priorities, as detailed below, were shaped by our committee and membership through engagement with members.
- Maintaining Independence - We want everyone with a diagnosis of dementia to be able to maintain their independence and have access to appropriate and timely support, services and technology to make this possible
- Local Connections - We want everyone with a diagnosis of dementia to be connected to services and support within their communities and have a voice influencing positive change
- Raising Awareness - We want to continue to raise awareness of different types of dementia and challenge stigma, while demonstrating and showcasing some of the ways people with dementia live well
- Supporting Workforce Development - We want all of those who work with people with dementia to have a better understanding of dementia and be empowered to work in partnership at all points from diagnosis
- Member Development - We want to ensure that every member of the SDWG can be meaningfully involved in the group, and is supported to be actively engaged in campaigning locally and nationally